Our Writing Process
We’re pretty flexible with our writing process but, in general, it goes something like this:
- You’ll get in touch with us by sending a message using our contact form or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We’ll schedule a quick Skype call to get to know your business goals and content needs a little better.
- We’ll do some research and come up with a few topic ideas to share with you.
- Once you approve the topics, we’ll draft a detailed outline.
- Once the outline is approved, we’ll begin writing the article.
- We’ll send you the article to look over and you can ask for edits or make suggestions.
- If you request any revisions, we’ll make them and send over the final article.
You can upload and publish the article to your website yourself or ask us to do it for you.
We’d be happy to tweak our writing process based on your personal preferences. If you’d like to skip a step or add a step, let us know and we’d be happy to oblige. For instance, if you have some topic ideas in mind then we can get started with those first.
Here’s a quick breakdown of what you can expect to receive:
- Topic ideas
- Detailed outlines
- Articles (with images, screenshots, relevant examples, and internal links)
- Images folder containing all of the images, GIFs, and screenshots used in the article.
Article Turnaround Time
We write all of the content ourselves which is why it takes us 2 days to complete a 1,000 to 1,500 word article. This includes researching the topic in details, writing the content, adding images, screenshots, and examples, proofreading, editing, and adding internal links.
Tools We Use
Writing: Google Docs
Sharing Outlines and Articles: Google Docs
Communication: Email, Slack, Skype, and Trello
Workflow Management: Trello and CoSchedule